In the film studio
It is fairly safe to film in here. We could trip over any of the wiring, or get electrocuted by any loose wiring. It is suitable to film as we need a place that has a white/black background to film a close-up of the performer singing. It would create an atmosphere of loneliness which it adapts from the song. It contains good power sources and lighting which would prove useful. We will be able to utilise professional equipment. It is a very safe place as we will be under supervision.
In central London
We will be filming one masters on a small narrow side street. This is safe as no cars pass by. It is ideal as it would have low key natural lighting and there will be no risks in filming here.
Another masters would be on an empty road. There could be a few potential risks i.e. any equipment being stolen, not being mindful of a car approaching, but we will be filming here when the road is empty so it shouldn’t be much of a problem. This is ideal as we want to have a masters of the performer walking on a road whilst singing. It could create an impression of him moving away from the person he’s singing about in the song.
We may face sound issues as it is a public place and the noise pollution could affect hearing ability of the performer. The population of people there could also affect filming as members of the public could bump into the performer while we’re filming. The weather conditions may affect filming as well as the equipment isn’t waterproof and if it rains the equipment could be damaged, however we’ll only film if the forecast states it’ll be sunny.
Golden Jubilee Bridges
There is no traffic on this bridge so we won’t have that as an issue. There are however train lines but we’ll keep to walking on the pavements whilst filming. Again since it’s a public bridge, performing could be hindered as again people could be bumping into our performer. As is the same as filming around the London eye, sound could be a problem as well as since it’s a public place it could be quite noisy and we may not be able to hear each other, or our performer may not be able to hear the music he’s meant to be performing to.
Director – Jamal & Amal
Working Title – XO
Description of narrative structure and use of film language
In this section, you need to describe the style of your sequence.
You should cover:
- Structure/form – the sequence of events (linear or non-linear narrative)
Linear narrative story as everything happens in a chronological order, with some non-linear elements included such as flashbacks. I plan to use many shots sizes and angles, including a range of close ups, mid-shots, tracking shots and master shots.
- Mise-en-scene (setting/location, props, lighting, costume etc.,)
Main prop to be used will be a guitar, and guitar stool, also will be using guitar case whilst walking around in London. Main setting will be in central London or a sidewalk and road, will also be shooting on Natural lighting, high key and low key as we will be shooting during the day and in evenings too. Performer will be wearing a costume typical to an Acoustic guitar artist (Beanie, Slim shirt, top button undone, leather jacket, jeans, boots).
- Cinematography (shot types and camera movements)
Master shots, at 3 different locations (2 locations in central London and 1 location in a room indoors.) Mid shot for indoor shot (Artist will be looking into the camera playing the guitar) Tracking shot when we’re filming in central London, filming the performer’s face at MCU. (Also a masters shot). Long shot for the outro of the song zooming out to make the performer blend into the rest of the public. Close ups/mid close ups for when we’re filming indoors. Close-up shot in studio (black background, bright lighting on artists face).
- Sound (dialogue, voice-over, effects and/or soundtrack)
No dialogue between performers. The only sound that will be audible will be the music track. Music will be playing throughout the whole video for 2 minutes 39 seconds.
Since we’re filming 3 masters’ shots, we’ll film a few pick-ups to add over the masters. There will be cuts to make the narrative of the video flow and make it continuity. The editing will have rhythmic relations, with all scenes having a similar feel.
Working Title : XO
Meduim : Video
Format : Mini DVD
Duration : 2:39
Storyline Of Music Video :
- Narrative – Artist talking about previous relationship (a breakup)
- The guy paid no attention to his relationship while he was with her because he thought it didn’t matter but when she left he realized his mistake but didn’t want to admit it so now he is slightly bitter about it so he sings about it. He says he doesn’t care and how she doesn’t mean anything to him yet he still sings. He thought that the relationship was stable and was disappointed when it ended so suddenly.
- Lyrics of the song will coincide with the music video.
Description Of Content Of The Opening Sequence :
- Reminiscing his breakup
- Performer/Actor will be lip syncing
- Setting – Central London
- Lighting – Natural/High Key Lighting
- The purpose is to promote the song. Through the acting and performance and music as a whole, I plan to make a wider audience enjoy the music written and performed by the Eden Project an upcoming artist. I also plan to create a questionnaire for a wider audience regarding an advertising poster. I plan to do this so that I will be able to understand more about the audience and what they desire to enable a wider audience.
Target Audience :
- Age Range (15-25)
- Class System – (B, C1, C2, D)
- Like Acoustic & Electronic Music
- All Ethnics
- Enjoy Romantic, Adventure and Comedy Films
- Listen to Music online streaming (Soundcloud, YouTube)